Recipe by Charmie777
This is not yo' mamma's sausage and peppers! This is a non-tomato based dish...very light tasting and an absolute favorite at my house. The smell of the roasting peppers, sausage and garlic gets the neighbors knocking on the door asking what's for dinner!!!
Top Review by bricookie55
This was excellent! I added asparagus to the roasting veggies and lowered oven temp to 375. Also, I was using pre-cooked chicken sausages, so I added them in at the end, tossed the pasta and the vinaigrette in with all the veggies, sprinkled the parmesan on top, and baked everything for an additional 10-15 minutes. So delicious! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 -2 head garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 -3 large bell peppers, sliced (any color)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausage, whole head(s) of garlic, onion and peppers in 13x9 pan. Pierce meat all over. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Bake at 425º until vegies are limp and edges dark brown, about 1 hours, stirring often.
- Thinly slice sausage; keep warm.
- Cut garlic in half crosswise; squeeze pulp into bowl. Add vinegar, mustard and oregano; stir well.
- Cook pasta. Drain.
- Add sausage and garlic mixture. Toss to coat.
- Add parmesan and toss.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.