Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Adopted recipe, untried by me.
- 6 large peaches, ripe
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageunprepared white cake mix
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups peach nectar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Line a sided sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Halve peaches, remove pits and lay peaches cut-side-down on sheet pan; roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake paper liners, or spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat together cake mix, egg whites, peach nectar and oil; divide batter among muffin cups Cut each peach in half again and set a peach quarter atop each cupcake, skin-side-up.
- Stir together sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over cupcake tops.
- Bake until cupcakes are firm, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely before eating.