Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A savory bread pudding from Martha Stewart.
Make and share this Roasted-Parsnip Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large leeks, white and pale-green parts only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced and rinsed well
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf brioche bread, crust removed and bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 425.
- After drizzling the parsniips with oil, season them with salt and pepper. Roast them for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and reduce the oven temperature to 375.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to add the wine then immediately return to the heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Add thyme and remove from heat to stir in the parsnips.
- Whisk together melted butter, cream,e ggs and 3/4 cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Salt and pepper the micture before adding the leeks and folding in the bread.
- Butter (or pam) a baking dish and pour in the parsnip mixture. Cover with foil and then bake 50 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.