Roasted-Parsnip Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 425.
- After drizzling the parsniips with oil, season them with salt and pepper. Roast them for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and reduce the oven temperature to 375.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Add leeks and saute for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to add the wine then immediately return to the heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Add thyme and remove from heat to stir in the parsnips.
- Whisk together melted butter, cream,e ggs and 3/4 cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Salt and pepper the micture before adding the leeks and folding in the bread.
- Butter (or pam) a baking dish and pour in the parsnip mixture. Cover with foil and then bake 50 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.