This came from the local paper. It's an interesting way to prepare okra that cuts down on okra slime. Very easy and much healthier than fried (but fried is still the hands down champ). I only use kosher salt on roasted vegetables, it really does make a difference.
- Rinse okra under cold running water and drain.
- Trim tops by removing stems, but don't cut whole caps off.
- Cut onion in half from stem to top, then each half again in thirds in the same direction.
- Put okra, onion and garlic on an oiled flat pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Tuck in mint sprigs, sprinkle with 3/4 t salt and pepper, toss all together lightly and let flavors mingle at least 20 minutes before roasting.
- Roast at 375 for 5 to 10 minutes.