1/2 Photos of Roasted Okra
This came from the local paper. It's an interesting way to prepare okra that cuts down on okra slime. Very easy and much healthier than fried (but fried is still the hands down champ). I only use kosher salt on roasted vegetables, it really does make a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse okra under cold running water and drain.
- 2Trim tops by removing stems, but don't cut whole caps off.
- 3Cut onion in half from stem to top, then each half again in thirds in the same direction.
- 4Put okra, onion and garlic on an oiled flat pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- 5Tuck in mint sprigs, sprinkle with 3/4 t salt and pepper, toss all together lightly and let flavors mingle at least 20 minutes before roasting.
- 6Roast at 375 for 5 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Okra
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: