1/1 Photo of Roasted Halibut With Fennel & Potatoes
Chandra M's Note:
You would expect that with fresh fennel, fennel seeds, and Pernod this would be very anise-y. Quite the opposite. There is a delicate and subtle fennel flavor, but it definitely is not overpowering. From Good Housekeeping April 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large leek
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced or 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons Pernod (anisette liquor) or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, slightly crushed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- fennel leaves (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Cut off roots and trim dark green top from leek. Discard any tough outer leaves.
- 3Thinly slice leek.
- 4Rinse thoroughly in a bowl of cold water; swish to remove any sand. Transfer with hands to a colander and drain well.
- 5Spray 13"x9" glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Add leek, potatoes, fennel, fennel seed, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper to the baking dish.
- 7Toss to coat and spread evenly.
- 8Roast vegetables 35 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through roasting.
- 9Remove baking dish from oven. Place halibut on vegetables, drizzle with liquor and 1 tsp oil.
- 10Sprinkle fennel seeds, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- 11Place lemon slices on halibut, return dish to oven and roast 10-12 minutes or just until halibut turns opaque in center.
- 12To serve, sprinkle with fennel fronds if using.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Halibut With Fennel & Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 132.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: