1/1 Photo of Roasted Garlic Soup with Parmesan
Ripped off a Martha Stewart bulletin board. This is a VERY elegant soup that is so tasty and not difficult to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 26 cloves roasted garlic (2-3 heads)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 cups sliced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 18 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock or 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat; add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes.
- 2Add roasted garlic and 18 raw garlic cloves and cook 3 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Working in batches, purée soup in blender until smooth.
- 5Return soup to saucepan; add cream and bring to simmer.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Divide grated cheese among 4 bowls and ladle soup over.
- 8Squeeze juice of 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Soup with Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 562.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g