If you like garlic...you'll love this dish. Make it Italian style or Cajun style!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: If you'd like this to be more a cajun flare, add your favorite cajun seasoning salt and change the oregano to parsley Preheat the oven to 250 F degrees.
- 2In a 9 x 12 inch baking dish, combine 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and the peeled whole garlic cloves.
- 3Roast, uncovered, tossing every 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, Set aside.
- 4In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in boiling water over high heat for 8 to 12 minutes, until al dente.
- 5Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- 6Return to the saucepan, cover and keep warm over low heat.
- 7In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 1/2 cups broth and the oil over medium heat.
- 8Add the minced garlic and pepper flakes.
- 9Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until garlic turns golden brown but not brown.
- 10Add the pasta, roasted garlic and reserved pasta water.
- 11Toss and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the sauce.
- 12Add oregano and toss again.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Serve with a salad and garlic toast.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Garlic Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g