1/1 Photo of Roasted Cornish Game Hen With Mustard Glaze
A great dinner for two, for weeknight, company or the holidays! Adapted from Gourmet magazine July 1990(via Epicurious).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the backbone from the hen with poultry shears or a sharp knife, place the hen, skin side up, on a work surface, and press down the breastbone to flatten the hen.
- 2In an ovenproof skillet roast the hen, skin side up, in a preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
- 3While the hen is roasting, in a small bowl whisk together the oil, the mustard, rosemary, the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Remove the hen from the oven, spread the mustard mixture over the skin, and roast the hen for 15 minutes.
- 5Transfer the hen to a preheated broiler and broil it about 4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes. Now put the mustard seed in with the mustard mixture and broil for 2-3 more minutes(this is so the mustard seeds won't burn).
- 6Transfer the hen to a platter and keep it warm.
- 7To the skillet add the wine and boil the mixture over high heat until it is reduced by half. Add the broth, boil the mixture for 1 minute, scraping up and brown bits, and add any juices that have accumulated on the platter. Strain the sauce through a fine sieve onto 2 plates. Cut the hen in half with a sharp knife, and arrange each half on top of the sauce.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cornish Game Hen With Mustard Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.7 mg
- Sodium 179.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g