Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great summer cookout dish!
- 3 -6 large fresh ears of corn or 2 cups of cut corn kernels
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch watercress
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place corn in large bowl and cover with cold water.
- Soak for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the corn into the oven and roast, until the kernels are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- (You can also roast several more ears of corn for a side dish and use the leftover ears to make this salad the next day!) Shuck the corn and pull of the silks, brushing off any that remain.
- Cut away any brown spots.
- You will want to use kitchen mitts to do this (not necessary if using leftover corn).
- Cut the kernels from the cob as close to the cob as possible.
- This should be about 2 cups.
- Place the corn, green onions, and bell pepper in mixing bowl and toss until well mixed.
- In separate bowl, mix vinegar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper (to taste).
- Gradually whisk in olive oil until it is emulsified.
- Whisk in parsley and basil, and pour dressing over corn mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To serve, seed and dice the tomatoes.
- Tear the watercress into pieces and add it, with the tomatoes, to the corn mixture.
- Toss until coated with dressing.
- Taste to correct seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.