Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Roasted corn and fresh ingredients make this salsa a delicous snack with chips, or a great topper for any of your mexican/spanish dishes. I made it for some friends on "Fiesta Night", there were NO left overs- They were eating it by the spoonfuls! I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did. Also has a very light and fresh flavor.
- Roast corn in oven for 1- 11/2 hours at 400 degrees F. Let cool before removing corn kernals from cob in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl place rinsed and drained black beans, roasted corn kernals, chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, jalepeno, tomatoes, and salt.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over ingredients.
- Use small hole strainer, pour salsa into strainer over mixture and press down to squeeze out all the juice you can. I throw away the rest, so do what suits your taste the best.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly, add more lime juice or salt as needed for desired consistancy/ taste.