Recipe by zeldaz51
Use any firm, mild fish. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 2 3/4 very lean meat, 3/4 fat
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cod
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Season cod with salt to taste, let stand 10 minute or longer in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients, cover and process until finely chopped.
- Place the cod in a 9 X 13 baking dish lined with greased aluminum foil. Spread the seasoning paste over the fish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.