Roasted Cod With Potatoes and Olives
This recipe calls for cod, but any white fish can be used. It also makes a big difference in taste if you use the BEST olives you can find.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs red new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with the garlic, rosemary, and 1 Tbs oil.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer, cut side down.
- Bake, tossing potatoes once, until beginning to brown, about 20 minute.
- Meanwhile, rub fillets with remaining tsp oil and season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven.
- Add the tomatoes and olives to the potatoes; stir to combine.
- Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the baking sheet and place the fillets flat on the baking sheet next to the vegetables.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast until the fish is cooked through and potatoes are brown and tender, about 15-20 minute.
- Transfer the fish and vegetables to a serving platter and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very simple no fuss meal that yields splendid results. I halved the recipe, using orange roughy, as this is what I had on hand and tossed in a sliced zucchini at the same time as the tomatoes and olives. This made for a complete meal, with only one pan to wash. What could be better! Thank you SkinnieMinnie for sharing the recipe.Reply
see 3 more