Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another Giada DeLaurentis favourite! Prep time does not include marinating.
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1814.36 g whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 118.29 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
I made this last week and it was fantastic! I had chicken breasts on hand so I used two of them. I didn't decrease the amount of vinaigrette and marinated it all day. I did not use lemon. The chicken came out very moist and tasted great! I will use the marinade on other foods as well!