1 hr 10 mins
Another Giada DeLaurentis favourite! Prep time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- 2Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- 5Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.9
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 293.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 51.2 g