Guests take part in the fun by assembling their own sandwiches with colorful roasted peppers, mixed greens, tomatoes, chipotle mayonnaise and jalapeño Monterey Jack cheese. From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle peppers, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 5 cups mixed baby greens
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 96 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese, with jalapeno, sliced
- 4 French baguettes, ends trimmed, each cut crosswise into 3 equal pieces, halved lengthwise
- 1Mix mayonnaise, garlic and chipotle chilies in medium bowl.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Transfer to serving bowl.
- 4Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- 5Place in bag; let stand 10 minutes.
- 6Peel; seed.
- 7Cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
- 8(Mayonnaise and peppers can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; refrigerate.)
- 9Arrange peppers on platter with greens and tomatoes.
- 10Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 11Lightly oil heavy large baking sheet.
- 12Place chicken on baking sheet.
- 13Brush chicken with oil.
- 14Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 15Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 16Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- 17Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices, keeping slices of each breast together.
- 18Return chicken to baking sheet.
- 19Top with cheese.
- 20Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- 21Transfer chicken to platter and serve with bread, mayonnaise, roasted bell peppers, mixed greens and tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Chicken Sandwiches With Jack Cheese and Chili Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.9 mg
- Sodium 1441.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 74.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens