Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Cheat" in making this recipe by using a store-bought roasted chicken. The mix of flavors is fabulous. Even better, it's quick and easy. I clipped this recipe from a magazine, but am not sure which one.
- 1 cup pecan halves, broken in half lengthwise
- 1 whole roasted chicken, skin removed, cut in bite-size pieces
- 8 scallions, only white and light-green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces lady apples (about 4) or 8 ounces fuji apples, cored and in bite-size pieces (about 2)
- 5 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- In medium bowl add chicken, scallions, celery, apples, cherries and oregano.
- In small bowl whisk mayonnaise, sour cream and vinegar to create the dressing.
- Toss the dressing with the chicken mixture.
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve.