Top Review by Marie Nixon
Boy, is this delicious! We ordered a bruschetta appetizer at a fancy restaurant on Hilton Head Island, SC. This recipe is as good if not better, than the roasted cherry tomatoes on the brushetta appetizer. I ate these straight up, in a tossed salad and on Italian bread to mop up the extra juice in the bowl.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf, torn if large
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the basil in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are just bursting.
- Carefully transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and set aside.
- Place the roasting pan on the stove over medium heat (or transfer the liquid to a small saucepan) and reduce liquid until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the tomatoes with the basil.
- Drizzle some of the thickened balsamic sauce on each serving.