1/1 Photo of Roasted Cauliflower, Garlic and Coconut Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Perfect for a cold snowy day. Warm up with this thick, creamy, coconut, cauliflower soup flavored with roasted garlic, herbs and spices. Caramelizing of the cauliflower and garlic sweetens and concentrates the flavors. Cumin and curry can be added for a more exotic flavor adjusting to your likeness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower, cut in to florets
- 10 -16 garlic cloves, yes you read that right
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock or 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 -3 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 cups organic light coconut milk
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese (can be skipped for Vegan or lactose intolerant) (optional) or 1 cup swiss cheese (can be skipped for Vegan or lactose intolerant) (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes, adjust to taste
- flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil on a sheet pan. Toss in cauliflower, garlic, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Spread into a single layer.
- 3Roast for 30 minutes turning after 15 minutes.
- 4Heat remaining coconut oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- 5Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- 6Add the broth, coconut milk, nutmeg, curry, cumin and cauliflower mixture, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 7Puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency with a stick blender or stand blender.
- 8This is rib sticking thick so you can thin if desired with additional stock.
- 9Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with a good amount of salt and pepper.
- 10Plate and top with toasted coconut.
- 11Serve with thinly sliced toasted Italian bread spread with coconut oil and topped with some shredded Gruyere cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Cauliflower, Garlic and Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk