This recipe was originally one of Martha Stewart's but I've adjusted it to make it more to my taste. This has become my DH's favorite vegetable recipe. In fact, we love it so much that the two of us usually pig out on the whole recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim head of cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Dry cauliflower well.
- Drizzle with olive oil (you may need more than 2 T) then sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and chile powder.
- You can adjust seasonings according to your personal preferences.
- Toss cauliflower until seasonings are well distributed.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake for 20- 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Cauliflower should be a dark, golden brown when baking is completed.
- Remove from oven and pour into a serving dish.
- Top with balsamic vinegar and toss well.
Let's just say, I'm going out to get another head of cauliflower ASAP! I was a bit hesitant with the mix of chili, garlic, and balsamic, but since I love roasted vegetables, I thought I'd give it a whirl. This will be me in my rotation for years to come! The amount of ingredients is perfect -- it's not too spciy, not too tangy, not too garlicy. It's just right. Thanks so much for sharing!!
I was a little skeptical of the chili powder/balsamic combination, but after trying it I must say... I. Love. This. and can't wait to make it again! That is all.
I'm not giving this stars, because I'd like to try it again and cook it less. It was pretty bland for me, but maybe some cayenne pepper, rather than black pepper, would help.