Curry Yogurt Roasted Cauliflower
- Ready In:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt (plain, I used fat free)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (less if you're using fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (fresh coriander)
- At least 2 hours ahead of time, mix yogurt, spices, lemon juice in a small bowl, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Break cauliflower into small to medium sized florets.
- Toss in a large bowl with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Spread on a cookie sheet in one layer and bake in pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Remove from oven and return to large bowl.
- stir chopped cilantro into yogurt/spice mixture and spoon over califlower.
- toss to coat well (you may not need ALL of the yogurt, depending on how large of a head of cauliflower you have).
- return to baking sheet and continue to bake for about another 5-10 minutes (cook to your liking, some prefer some crunch left in their veggies).
- remove from oven and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe did not work for me. I found the sauce very sour and the cauliflower after 30 minutes in the oven was still not cooked enough. If I did this recipe again, I would steam the cauliflower first as cauliflower doesn't even begin to brown in 15 minutes in the oven. I also would definitely add cumin seeds to the sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy anything from 'spray cheese' on Ritz Crackers to foie gras torchon on toast points