Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This unusual combination of flavors will be popular with eveone at your table. Serve these carrots with roasted Chicken or fish and a green vegetable. I like this recipe (from Williams-Sonoma "Essials of Healthful Cooking") because it's easy and flavorful!
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- orange zest, 2 orange strips, each 2-inch long and 1/2-inch wide, cut into julianne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
- Cut carrots into 2" lengths; halve lengthwise any thick top portions so all the pieces will cook evenly. In a shallow, 9-by-13" baking dish, combine carrots, garlic and orange zest. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cinnamon stick, toss to coat the vegetables evenly. Spread in an even layer in the dish.
- Roast the carrots stirring every 10 minutes, until tender and lightly browned, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle carrots with lemon juice. Serve immediately.
GREAT WAY TO SERVE CARROTS! The garlic citrus & cinnamon add great taste to good 'ol carrots! I used lemon pepper instead of the usual S&P! An OUTSTANDING recipe that'll be made often around here! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for a chef I adopted in this Spring's PAC]