1/1 Photo of Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna With Cannellini Beans
1 hr 45 mins
This delicious homemade vegetarian lasagna will provide you with a unique gourmet meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1Peel and dice the butternut squash. Toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place pieces on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil with non-stick spray and roast at 400F for 40 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- 2About 10 minutes before the squash is done, melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the thyme and oregano.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Add the chopped roasted butternut squash and about 1/4 of the beans with their liquid. Mash this mixture together and then add the rest of the beans to the Dutch oven.
- 5Pour in the white wine, and add a bit of water if you think it needs to be thinner. Reduce heat to low, and simmer while you make the béchamel.
- 6In another pot, melt the butter for the béchamel. Over medium heat, add the flour and whisk until smooth. Stir regularly until the mixture turns golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 7Heat the milk in a separate pan until it is just about to boil. Whisk the milk into the butter mixture until the sauce is smooth.
- 8Bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds longer. Remove from the heat and season with salt and nutmeg.
- 9To assemble: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 10Brush a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with melted butter.
- 11Layer the ingredients in this order: béchamel, pasta, butternut squash filling, and cheese. You should make 3 to 4 layers of pasta, finishing with béchamel and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella and ricotta sprinkled over the top.
- 12Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and bubbling.
- 13Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 20 minutes, slice, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna With Cannellini Beans
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 724.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles