Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I sometimes pair this with Roasted Herb Chicken.
Make and share this Roasted Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Wash, halve and seed the squash.
- Bake the squash halves at about 200 degrees centigrade.
- I normally overbake them (blisters appearing) as it caramelise it a little.
- Roast for about 20- 30 mins.
- When the squash is done, put as much margarine or butter you would like and enjoy!
I've never had butternut squash before and decided to choose a simple recipe for my first taste. After 30 minutes I added butter and let it melt, then I sprinkled on a little nutmeg, and some brown sugar. It carmelized so beautifully, was perfectly cooked, and tasted delicious.
This was really good, not to mention simple. Since I did use a large butternut squash, I had to roast it for a full 30 minutes. Since some one gave me a small portion of apple butter as a gift, I used that to spread on the squash, and it was so good! Definetely a good combination!
This is the first time I've roasted a butternut squash without using butter & brown sugar. What a huge difference it made. I absolutely loved this plain! I did season lightly with salt & pepper and enjoyed it immensely. Thanks Vel for a great "new" way for me to enjoy squash!