Prep 4 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ohmygosh I love this dish! The name says it all. I found this at http://alexandracooks.blogspot.com
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts, stem removed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 fuji apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with enough olive oil to coat, a genereous pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the sprouts on a baking sheet pan in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meamwhile, in a small saute pan, gently simmer the balsamic vinegar with the honey until the mixture has reduced and is slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- After 15 minutes, removed the Brussels sprouts from the oven, and test with a paring knife. If the Brussels sprouts are not sufficiently charred to tender, return to the oven for 5 minutes. If they appear to be charring too much, reduce the oven to 400 and continue roasting until they are knife tender.
- When the Brussels sprouts are finished cooking, remove from the oven, transfer to a bowl, aned add the pistachios and apple slices.
- Pour the reduce balsame mixture into the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer mixture to serving platter and top with a dollop of creme fraiche. Add more salt and creme fraiche if desired.
This gets an A plus rating from me, a really lovely dish. The flavors were top notch. I sliced the apple very thin and used walnuts in place of pistachios. One thing, roasting time for the Brussels sprouts took considerably longer that 15 minutes for me. But I just let them go until done (at least 30 min, maybe longer). Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.
This is really good! The flavors blended together beautifully! I really loved the balsamic/honey reduction!! It tasted heavenly on the sprouts with the creme fraiche! Thanks for this great recipe!!