Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This should be illegal. I can't stop eating it until it is gone no matter how full I get! Source: Melissa Clark
- 2 lbs broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seed (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tablespoons oil, coriander, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and chili powder. In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Spread broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes. Add shrimp to baking sheet and toss with broccoli. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until shrimp are just opaque and broccoli is tender and golden around edges, about 10 minutes more. Serve with lemon wedges, or squeeze lemon juice all over shrimp and broccoli just before serving.
I added 1 large yellow onion
Made this as written except I used chili garlic sauce instead of chili powder because I didn't have any hot stuff on hand. I love the flavor of the roasted broccoli and the shrimp were cooked to perfection. Strangely, I put it into a piece of pita and ate it as a sandwich. It was wonderful!
Excellent! I also added 2 sliced onions. Even the children loved it. Thanks for posting. I will make this over and over again.