1/2 Photos of Roasted Beets With Potato Garlic Sauce-Patzaria
1 hr 30 mins
This sounds like a yummy dish! Beets are a favorite of our family. Recipe from Californiagreekgirl.com The second set of ingredients are for the garlic sauce. The making of the garlic sauce starts at the potatoes. Cooking time us for the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash beets and cut off greens. Wash and cook the greens by boiling in water, or they can be sauteed with a little olive oil.
- 2Wrap beets in foil and place in a sheet pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 3Test with knife for soft center.
- 4Let cool slightly. Unwrap and peel beets. Cut into quarters or slice.
- 5Place in a bowl and add garlic, olive oil, vinegar.
- 6Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve warm or cold.
- 8Can be made 1-2 days ahead of time.
- 9Garlic Sauce.
- 10Place unpeeled potatoes in small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to cook until ready. Test with knife for soft center.
- 11When cooled slightly, peel. and place potatoes and garlic in medium bowl and mash.
- 12Add vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 13Blend thoroughly.
- 14Can be served at room temperature or cold.
- 15Can be made ahead 1-2 days.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Beets With Potato Garlic Sauce-Patzaria
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.8
- Calories from Fat 490
- Total Fat 54.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 516.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar