Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Naturally sweet beets and apples are accented with a light touch of honey in this wonderful dish.
- 2 beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, mustard (if using), lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss beets, apple, and onion with honey mixture.
- Place beets in a casserole dish and bake in a preheated 375* oven for 15 minutes.
- Add onion and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add apple and bake for 10-15 minutes longer (depending on how soft they are).