- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced pancetta or 1⁄3 cup Canadian bacon
- 1⁄3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bend asparagus gently until it breaks at a natural point, and discard ends.
- Toss asparagus with oil and minced garlic, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and peppers and sprinkle with diced pancetta and parmesan cheese.
- Roast at 400F for 12 minutes or until done.
- Serve with lemon squeezed over asparagus.