From the Dole Company-as found on a bunch of fresh asparagus spears. (Yep, I played around with the recipe.) The original recipe uses bottled raspberry dressing. Roasting the asparagus brings out the delicious flavor, whereas steaming seems to make it soggy, in my opinion. When shopping for asparagus look for spears with stalks that are uniform in size and leaves that are tightly close, indicating freshness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb asparagus (read *NOTE)
- 10 ounces italian blend mixed greens (or similar) or 10 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and stemmed (strawberries sliced-raspberries left whole) or 1 cup raspberries (strawberries sliced-raspberries left whole)
- 1/2 cup vidalia onion, peeled and cut into crescents
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1*NOTE: See Asparagus, Oven-Roasted for roasting directions. Omit all of the ingredients in the recipe except for the olive oil.
- 2VINAIGRETTE: Prepare vinaigrette in non-reactive bowl and blend until smooth, using an immersion blender. Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- 3Once asparagus is roasted, set aside to cool then cut into 1 1/2" pieces.
- 4SALAD: In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, cooled asparagus, berries and onions with about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Toss gently to coat.
- 5Sprinkle top of salad with almonds. Serve remaining salad dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Asparagus Salad With Berries and Raspberry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar