Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this recipe froma vegetarian newsletter. It is a different and easy to make snack. The almonds are also great on salads and in stir fries.
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place almonds in a single layer on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the almonds from the oven and place them in a container with a lid.
- (see note below) Add the tamari, cover and shake until the tamari is mixed in and absorbed.
- Return the almonds to the cookie sheet and return to the oven to bake for about 5 minutes, just until no longer wet looking.
- Be careful not to overcook as the tamari will burn.
- NOTE-Be careful if using a plastic lid and bowl, such as a Rubbermaid type.
- If you seal the bowl and start to shake the hot nuts, the pressure build up will blow the lid off and scare you half to death, or at least it did me.
- I use a regular plastic container but cover it with a larger plate, instead of it's lid, so that there is some way for the steam/pressure to escape.