I received this recipe froma vegetarian newsletter. It is a different and easy to make snack. The almonds are also great on salads and in stir fries.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place almonds in a single layer on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- 3Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove the almonds from the oven and place them in a container with a lid.
- 5(see note below) Add the tamari, cover and shake until the tamari is mixed in and absorbed.
- 6Return the almonds to the cookie sheet and return to the oven to bake for about 5 minutes, just until no longer wet looking.
- 7Be careful not to overcook as the tamari will burn.
- 8NOTE-Be careful if using a plastic lid and bowl, such as a Rubbermaid type.
- 9If you seal the bowl and start to shake the hot nuts, the pressure build up will blow the lid off and scare you half to death, or at least it did me.
- 10I use a regular plastic container but cover it with a larger plate, instead of it's lid, so that there is some way for the steam/pressure to escape.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.0
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1006.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g