1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chuck in Killbuck's Note:
I've used this recipe many times and have no complaints so far from any of my friends. I can't remember where I got it but I can say it's been well used. Note: Young birds are the best for roasting. You can tell if it's young from its spur. It will be round and flexible when you move it, and the last big wing feather will have a sharp pointed tip. Older birds won't taste as well roasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Lightly salt the inside of the bird and rub in with your hand.
- 3Fill the cavity loosely with your favorite Herbed Suffing.
- 4Truss the legs and place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 5Place Bacon slices over the breast side by side.
- 6Roast for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until tender.
- 7Check after 75 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Wild Pheasant
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.2
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 294.8 mg
- Sodium 1456.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 92.6 g