3 hrs 15 mins
I found this recipe in the Thanksgiving issue of Easy Home Cooking. Sounds delicious and I need a safe place to keep it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 lbs whole turkey, thawed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey; discard or reserve for another use.
- 3Place on a rack in a large roasting pan, breast side up.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Rub the turkey evenly with oil and sprinkle evenly with chili powder mixture.
- 6Roast for 3 hours or until the breast reaches 170ºF and juices run clear.
- 7Meanwhile, place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 8Toast pecans in the dry skillet; set aside on a plate.
- 9Coat the skillet with non stick spray and add the sausage, celery, onion and bell pepper.
- 10Cook until the sausage is no longer pink, about 4 min, stirring frequently.
- 11Add the remaining ingredients; stir gently, yet thoroughly to blend.
- 12Coat a 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray, add the sausage mixture, cover tightly and bake during last 40 min of roasting the turkey.
- 13Cover the turkey with foil and let stand for 15 min before carving.
- 14Serve stuffing on the side.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Turkey With Spicy Chorizo Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1048.1
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 303.0 mg
- Sodium 1290.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 91.9 g