Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An elegant roast that is very simple to prepare and will !WOW! everyone.
Make and share this Roast Fillet of Beef with Mushroom-Tarragon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400F degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Pat beef dry.
- Add to skillet and brown on all sides, turning frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Place rack in roasting pan.
- Transfer beef to rack.
- Roast about 25 minutes for rare, or longer, if desired.
- Pour oil from skillet.
- Add butter and melt over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, tarragon and salt.
- Increase heat to medium, cover and cook until mushrooms release their juices, stirring once or twice, about 6 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Boil uncovered until almost no liquid remains, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in 1 cup stock.
- Stir cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup stock in small bowl.
- Add cornstarch to mushroom sauce and bring to boil; stirring constantly.
- Boil until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cut beef into ½ inch slices.
- Overlap slices on plates.
- Spoon sauce over and serve.
- This is excellent served with Scalloped Potatoes with Cream and Broccoli with Lemon-Garlic Crumbs (in my recipes).
This was just fantastic. Made this for dinner this evening. There were just three of us and not a bite left. Very easy to make yet so elegant. I will definitely make this again.
This had a nice flavor. If you don't care for tarragon, no worries. I could hardly taste it as a flavor on it's own. I do like tarragon and will add lots more next time. Or maybe use fresh. In any case, I would not hestitate to serve this for company. It's so quick and easy. And the meat was sooo tender. Pretty on the plate, too. :)
What a tasty sauce this has! I will use less salt next time though. I also roasted the meat in the same cast iron skillet I browned it in. The beef was nice and juicy. I think this would work nicely with cutletts too. I'll be making this again. Thanks.