Roast Fillet Of Beef With Madeira-Mushroom Sauce
- Ready In:
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; rub all over with the oil.
- Place in small, shallow roasting pan.
- Put pan on bottom rack of oven; bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn once or twice.
- Remove from pan; cover loosely with foil.
- Spoon fat from pan.
- Put pan on stove top; add mushrooms, (a little salt and pepper is nice here) cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add shallots, cook and stir briefly.
- Add wine; cook and scrape the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce by half; add broth, tomato paste, and juices that have accumulated around roast.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Swirl in butter and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!