This is my finest, most elegant, Sunday Dinner roast. Cook a little longer for medium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper; rub all over with the oil.
- 2Place in small, shallow roasting pan.
- 3Put pan on bottom rack of oven; bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.
- 4Turn once or twice.
- 5Remove from pan; cover loosely with foil.
- 6Spoon fat from pan.
- 7Put pan on stove top; add mushrooms, (a little salt and pepper is nice here) cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- 8Add shallots, cook and stir briefly.
- 9Add wine; cook and scrape the pan to loosen browned bits.
- 10Reduce by half; add broth, tomato paste, and juices that have accumulated around roast.
- 11Cook on high for 4 minutes.
- 12Swirl in butter and parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Fillet Of Beef With Madeira-Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.7
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 174.6 mg
- Sodium 268.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef