Cook1 hr 15 mins
You could try this recipe using a half leg of lamb - same amount of cooking time would be needed .
Make and share this Roast Duck Legs With Red Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 190 C.
- Place duck legs in single layer in a roasting pan on a bed of rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle them with salt and five spice powder.
- Roast for one hour.
- Meanwhile place wine and jelly in a pot and simmer on a low heat.
- Stir to dissolve jelly, simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon off almost all the fat from duck.
- Pour wine mixture around duck.
- Roast further 15 minutes until sauce reduces.
Yummy duck thanks Kate. I used a whole duck which I stuffed with half the rosemary and about 3 cloves of garlic, then sat it on the other half of the rosemary and another 3 cloves of garlic, I sprinkled some red chili flakes over too. I baked it in my clay pot for two hours before pouring the sauce over and finishing it with the lid off for 15 minutes more. I was a bit worried that 5 spice (Asian) and rosemary and red wine (very European) wouldn't be quite right, but it was great.