Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This couldn't be easier, yet it tastes like it took a lot of trouble. The cooking time includes marinating and roasting.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Very good chicken recipe! For the hoisin sauce I made Recipe #425938 #425938. I marinated my bird for a full day before roasting it. It came out beautifully, the flavors are great without being overpowering. Love this recipe! Made for ZWT6: No-Nonsense Nibblers.
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 roasting chicken
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, sherry, ginger, and mustard, mixing well. Add chicken, turn to coat, and marinate for at least 2 hours, turning often and allowing mixture to pour inside of chicken.
- After marinating, reserve marinade and place chicken in a roasting pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1-1/2 hours, until cooked. Remove from oven, and cut into serving pieces.
- Heat reserved marinate in a saucepan, and pour over chicken pieces. Garnish with chopped scallions.