Lemon Chicken, Chinese Style
We always loved Lemon Chicken in Chinese restaurants and my cousin found this recipe which is at least as good as the Lemon Chicken you find in most restaurants. It is sweet and tangy and is great served with rice or Chinese noodles and stir-fried vegetables.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced thinly (or use chicken breast filets)
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Dip chicken pieces into 2 beaten eggs.
- Mix cornstarch, salt and pepper and dip the chicken in the cornstarch mixture.
- Fry in small amount of oil in frying pan.
- Put into a casserole dish.
- Make sauce: Saute the lemon and onion in the oil until onion is soft.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, and pineapple juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the corn starch, water, and soy sauce, then add to the sauce.
- Cook until clear and thick.
- Pour on chicken in the casserole dish.
- Cover and cook at 300 for 30 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This Lemon Chicken is wonderful!!! It has great flavor and the chicken is so tender - not tough like so many restaurant versions. I also liked that there was less breading on the chicken. I used about 1/2 cup cornstarch for the breading and 3 chicken breast halves. There was just enough sauce for flavor and it it wasn't swimming in it. DD had two servings and asked me to make this again. Thanks Paja!!Reply