Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
A delicious accompaniment to meat or fish with a creamy mashed potato.
- 1 lb raw beet, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the beetroot in a roasting pan with the garlic cloves.
- Sprinkle over the oil, rosemary and seasoning. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove and drizzle on the honey and vinegar. Return to the oven and roast for a further 20 minutes.
This was excellent! I doubled the recipe, but used half beets and half potatoes. I left out the vinegar (I ran out), used minced garlic (and added it with the honey). My kids ate these no problem (I renamed them: blood potatoes). What a great combination beets are with honey and rosemary. Thanks for posting, I will be making this again and again.