Recipe by ellie_
This roast beef is tender and juicy - the best we've ever had. Recipe source: The New High Altitude Cookbook
Top Review by Jacqueline in KY
This was excellent had it for dinner yesterday, this is very similiar to how i normally fix a roast but had never thought of cauliflower or cabbage in it before. Thanks for the new great way to fix a roast.
- 1 (6 lb) standing rib roast
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 2 onions, quartered
- 8 carrots, peeled and halved or 8 baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 8 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 550-degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife cut slits into beef and insert the garlic into the slits.
- Place beef on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Arrange vegetables around beef.
- Add water (about 1-2 cups so vegetables don't burn and bottom of pan is covered).
- Bake at 550 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- Bake for 1 1/2- 2 hours (for rare about 1 1/2 hours, med about 2 hours, well-done for about 2 1/2 hours).
- Open oven door and let roast sit another 20 minutes before carving.