Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you can't find Vidalia onions, substitute 2 yellow onions and add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into strips
- 6 teaspoons honey mustard
- 6 slices rye bread
- 6 ounces roast beef
- Cook the onion in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat for about 8 minutes, until it's soft, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook until the onion is golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
- Spread 1/3 of the mustard on 3 slices of bread. Add the onion mixture and beef.
I love caramelized onions!!!! I needed a good sandwich for my husband's lunch and this fit the bill! I added a slice of pepper jack cheese by his request. Very delicious combination of flavors!!!! Made for PAC Spring 2008.