Recipe by personalchef
This is my original sandwich, and is still my favorite. It features sliced sour dough bread, sliced roast beef, whole Ortega chilies, med cheddar and pepper jack, and you must use very juicy ripe tomatoes.
Top Review by Bergy
Great tasting Sandwich - This time I subbed horseradish sauce for the green chillies - I will make it again with the chillies. Used my "Griddler" so it was crispy toasted on the outside. Lovely lunch Thanks for posting
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 ounces roast beef
- 1 whole Ortega chile
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 slices ripe tomatoes
- 1 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast sourdough in toaster. (This will keep the sandwich crisp).
- Lay the two slices of sourdough on a bread board, side by side.
- On one side, place cheddar cheese, Ortega chilies and roast beef.
- On other side, place Jack cheese, and tomato slices.
- Both sides are loaded from the bread up.
- Close Sandwich and cook in 1T butter on each side. Cook very slowly, so all fillings are warm and cheese is melted.