1/1 Photo of Roast Beef Melts
Yummy. These make a great lunch or dinner. From Rachael Ray magazine. I think turkey would be good, also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread (thick slices) or 4 slices rye bread (thick slices)
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix or 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 12 ounces sliced rare deli roast beef
- 8 ounces sliced deli swiss cheese
- 1Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400°.
- 2Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 3Place the bread on the baking sheet and lightly toast one side in the oven, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- 4In the microwave or a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- 5In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and horseradish.
- 6Spread about a tablespoon of the mixture on each toast slice.
- 7Toss the coleslaw mix and vinegar with the remaining mayo mixture in the bowl.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Arrange 2 slices bacon on each toast slice. Layer the roast beef over the bacon and top each with a mound of slaw.
- 10Cover each toast with Swiss cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Melts
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.9
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 240.8 mg
- Sodium 3967.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 65.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: