Recipe by Lainey39
Yummy. These make a great lunch or dinner. From Rachael Ray magazine. I think turkey would be good, also.
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread (thick slices) or 4 slices rye bread (thick slices)
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix or 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 12 ounces sliced rare deli roast beef
- 8 ounces sliced deli swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the bread on the baking sheet and lightly toast one side in the oven, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- In the microwave or a skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and horseradish.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the mixture on each toast slice.
- Toss the coleslaw mix and vinegar with the remaining mayo mixture in the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 2 slices bacon on each toast slice. Layer the roast beef over the bacon and top each with a mound of slaw.
- Cover each toast with Swiss cheese and bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.