Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another winner from allrecipes.com. Perfect dish for anyone watching their carb intake. Make sure the deli roast beef slices are not too thin, about 1/4 inch is perfect.
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb deli sliced roast beef (about 1/4 "inch" thick)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning and half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well.
- Place one tablespoons of cheese mixture onto a slice of beef and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining beef slices.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce over the bottom of 9x13 inch pan.
- Place beef rolls, seam side down over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over the rolls.
- Bake, covered for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the rolls, and continue to bake, uncovered for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
These weren't great, but not awful. I just didn't care for them. My husband thought they were good, but I don't think I will be making them again. I think I will stick with regular lasagna or stuffed shells; those add some veggies with the spinach (although that could be added to this recipe). Sorry. Just not for me.