Recipe by English_Rose
This unusual side dish makes a wonderful accompaniment to any baked fish. The Mediterranean ingredients; garlic and capers; add a real kick to the asparagus. By Good Food Magazine
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of, only
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and boil for 2 minutes until crisp, but beginning to go tender.
- Drain and refresh under cold water. Dry on kitchen paper.
- Pour the oil into a shallow roasting tin and roll the asparagus in it to coat.
- Scatter over the garlic slivers and capers and roast for 8-10 minutes until the asparargus is tinged brown and cooked through - test by inserting a knife in a few spears.
- Sprinkle with orange juice, season and serve warm.