1/1 Photo of Roast Asparagus With Garlic and Capers
This unusual side dish makes a wonderful accompaniment to any baked fish. The Mediterranean ingredients; garlic and capers; add a real kick to the asparagus. By Good Food Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and boil for 2 minutes until crisp, but beginning to go tender.
- 3Drain and refresh under cold water. Dry on kitchen paper.
- 4Pour the oil into a shallow roasting tin and roll the asparagus in it to coat.
- 5Scatter over the garlic slivers and capers and roast for 8-10 minutes until the asparargus is tinged brown and cooked through - test by inserting a knife in a few spears.
- 6Sprinkle with orange juice, season and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Asparagus With Garlic and Capers
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g