Roasted Garlic and Smoked Paprika Potato Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup celery (2 stalks)
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (table salt can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Peel and dice potatoes into about 1-inch cubes. Put into large pot of cold water (enough to cover) and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a steady, slow boil and cook until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, dice celery and hard boiled eggs into a small dice. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, stir together the minced onion, roasted garlic, sugar, thyme, smoked paprika, salt, spicy brown mustard, cider vinegar and mayo. Stir in reserved celery, eggs and bacon (if using).
- Fold in cooked and drained potatoes.
- Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until serving time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made two subtle changes when making this recipe ~ I DIDN'T peel the potatoes (& I steamed them), & I cut back on the mayo just a little! Other than that, it was followed right on down, & we thoroughly enjoyed your potato salad, & I will be making it again, for sure! Another time I might take your suggestion & add some bacon (We like Hormel's real bacon pieces, so . . .) ~ I'll see! Thanks for sharing your great recipe, Tink! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.