Recipe by Bonnie Young
This is a very easy recipe plus it tastes great! You can substitute any type of shredded cheese for topping but add it after about 30 minutes into baking time to prevent it from browning too much.
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (patties work best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half and half, butter and spices in small saucepan, do not boil.
- Spray bottom and sides of 9x13 cake pan with non stick spray. Cover bottom of of pan with thawed hashbrowns.
- Pour half & half mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top (can also use other shredded cheese of your choice see note on description).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated though and lightly browned.
- Sometimes I add diced ham on the top of the potatoes.