Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This salad is cool and refreshing; very easy to make. Similar to an ambrosia salad but the orzo gives it a different twist. Serve this at your next shower, picnic, potluck, summer BBQ, Easter dinner, etc. Prepare the night before serving.
- Cook and drain orzo noodles.
- In a saucepan combine eggs, sugar, salt, cornstarch while gradually adding in reserved juice and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil and stir, until mixture is a little thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine orzo, orange, pineapple and juice mixture; mix with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Big hit at our latest family party. Everyone loved it. I made it the day before as suggested. Easy and delicious!
I needed a fruity salad for our 4th of July BBQ and this one was very different and quite good. I didn't see where to add in the pineapple and mandarin oranges so I added them in step 5. Worked out fine. I made it the night before as suggested. Thanks for the rec, Tara.
Remember to make this the night before (live and learn!) and to BEAT THE EGGS before using them.