Recipe by Klaus Alexander Seistrup1
(no apples needed)
Top Review by MaryEllen
It actually tastes like apple pie, but uses ingredients that you always have on hand so dessert can be made without going shopping. Also, it reminds me of my childhood when my Mother used to make this pie and serve it with homemade ice cream. Yummmmmmmmmm
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 lemon, rind of, Grated
- 36 Ritz crackers
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- butter or margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out bottom crust of pastry and fit into 9-inch pie plate. Break Ritz Crackers coarsely into pastry-lined plate. Combine water, sugar and cream of tartar in saucepan, boil gently for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Pour this syrup over Crackers, dot generously with butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover with top crust. Trim and flute edges together.
- Cut slits in top crust to let steam escape. Bake in a hot oven (425 F) 30 to 35 minutes, until crust is crisp and golden.
- Serve warm.
- Cut into 6 to 8 slices.
- -- Found lurking on a Ritz Crackers box.