Recipe by Oolala
Ritz crackers are tasty but super fattening so use the low-fat Ritz crackers. Saved in my Thanksgiving file. You can use 4-6 Ritz cracker tubes for this.
Top Review by windhorse23
I have been making this stuffing for years, slightly different from the recipe as written, but just wonderful. Lots of onions, some butter and you're good to go. I have never added celery and will try that next time.
- 2 large onions, diced
- oil or chicken fat, for frying the onions
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) Ritz crackers, crumbled into bits, 4 tube cylinders but can add 2 more tubes
- 1 -2 egg, lightly beaten
- chicken stock, to baste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onions in oil or chicken fat until very brown; drain off grease.
- Add onions and celery to the cracker bits in a large bowl; tossing to mix.
- Add eggs to mixture and stir.
- Put the stuffing into a souffle dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Baste often with turkey drippings if you are making a turkey or use chicken stock.