Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ritz crackers are tasty but super fattening so use the low-fat Ritz crackers. Saved in my Thanksgiving file. You can use 4-6 Ritz cracker tubes for this.
- Brown onions in oil or chicken fat until very brown; drain off grease.
- Add onions and celery to the cracker bits in a large bowl; tossing to mix.
- Add eggs to mixture and stir.
- Put the stuffing into a souffle dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Baste often with turkey drippings if you are making a turkey or use chicken stock.
I have been making this stuffing for years, slightly different from the recipe as written, but just wonderful. Lots of onions, some butter and you're good to go. I have never added celery and will try that next time.